7th Oct – 14th Dec
Junior Gymnastics – 2 years old to 6 years old
As an introduction to gymnastics, we offer classes that have been developed to teach children basic gymnastics skills in a fun, encouraging and engaging environment.
Junior Gymnastics combines games, music, structured and progressive activities that focus on Dominant Movement Patterns (DMP). The Dominant Movement Patterns are Spring, Rotation, Statics, Landings, Locomotion and Swing. These DMP’s have been developed to provide a solid foundation for physical development in children. The Junior Gymnastics Program has been designed to cater for all ability levels, whilst still maintaining a strong emphasis on fun.
The program includes use of large equipment, small equipment and hand held apparatus to develop fine and gross motor skills. The Junior Gymnastics Program will help children to develop their balance, coordination and spatial awareness skills as well as teaching those important values of discipline, goal setting and team work. The program allows all children to feel a sense of achievement in a safe and fun environment.
All Junior Gymnastics Classes include a warm up, flexibility and strength activities, gymnastics shapes and structured circuits.
Tumble Tots: Children aged 2 to 4 years old (45 minute class)
- Themed classes
- 1:1 parent/carer involvement.
- The instructor moves around the group providing feedback to all children, the parent/carer provides assistance when required.
- Children develop their fine and gross motor skills, as well as mental development
Tumble Stars: Children aged 4 and 5 years old (4 year old kinder Age) (60 minute class)
- Structured classes with NO parent or carer involvement required.
- The instructor guides the group through the class.
- Progression from Tumble Tots, program designed for children not yet at school
- Children develop their independence
Tumble Superstars: Children aged 5 and 6 years old (Prep and Grade 1) (60 minute class)
- Structured classes
- Progression from Tumble Stars, program designed for children school (Prep and Grade One).
- Prepares children for the Springers class
- Developed to assist children with important values such as team work, encouragement and goal setting.